Last Updated: November 2022
Personal information we collect
Information you provide to us:
- Contact details, such as your first and last name, phone number, email and mailing addresses, professional title and company name.
- Communications that we exchange with you, including when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise.
- Marketing information, such as your preferences for receiving our marketing communications, and details about your engagement with those communications.
Automatic data collection. We and our service providers may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with our Services, our communications and other online services, such as:
- Device data, such as your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers (including identifiers used for advertising purposes), language settings, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (e.g., WiFi, LTE, 4G), and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, browsing history, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access, and whether you have opened our marketing emails or clicked links within them.
We use the following tools for automatic data collection:
- Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor’s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, and helping us understand user activity and patterns.
- Local storage technologies, like HTML5, that provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data, including on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
We use the following tools for automatic data collection
To operate our Services:
- Provide, operate, and improve our Services and our business;
- Communicate with you about our Services, including by sending announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Provide support, and respond to requests, questions, and feedback.
For research and development. To analyze and improve the Services and to develop new products and Services, including by studying use of our Services.
For direct marketing. We may from time-to-time send you direct marketing communications via email or text message as permitted by law, including, but not limited to, and notifying you of special promotions and offers. You may opt out of our marketing communications as described in the “Opt out of marketing communications” section below.
To comply with law. As we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
For compliance, fraud prevention, and safety. To: (a) protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims); (b) enforce the terms and conditions that govern our Services; and (c) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
To create anonymous data. To create anonymous data from your personal information and other individuals whose personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve our Services, conduct research, and promote our business.
How we share your personal information
Service providers. We may share your personal information with third party companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate our Services (such as customer support, hosting, analytics, email delivery, marketing, payment processing, and database management services).
Professional advisors. We may disclose your personal information to professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
For compliance, fraud prevention and safety. We may share your personal information for the compliance, fraud prevention and safety purposes described above.
You may provide information to us when visiting the Investors page of our website, such as your name and contact information. We use this information to communicate with you and respond to your requests, to operate our website, to comply with law and for other compliance, fraud prevention, and safety purposes. We may share this information with our affiliates, service providers, and professional advisors, to comply with law, for compliance, protection and safety, and in the event of a business transfer, each as explained above.
Access or update your information. To keep your information accurate, current, and complete, please contact us as specified below. We will take reasonable steps to update or correct information in our possession that you have previously submitted via the Services.
Opt out of marketing communications. You may opt out of marketing-related emails or texts by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the marketing communication we send you, or by contacting us at email@example.com. Even if you opt out of marketing-related communications, you may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing communications.
Online tracking opt-out. There are a number of ways to opt out of having your online activity and device data collected through our Services, which we have summarized below:
- Blocking cookies in your browser. Most browsers let you remove or reject third-party cookies. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Use the following links to learn more about how to control cookies and online tracking through your browser: Firefox; Chrome; Microsoft Edge; Safari
- Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics to help us better understand how people engage with the Services by collecting information and creating reports about how users use our Services. For more information on Google Analytics, click here. For more information about Google’s privacy practices, click here. You can opt out of Google Analytics by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Using privacy plug-ins or browsers. You can block our Services from setting third-party cookies by using a browser with privacy features, like Brave, or installing browser plugins like Privacy Badger, DuckDuckGo, Ghostery or uBlockOrigin, and configuring them to block third party cookies/trackers.
Note that because these opt-out mechanisms are specific to the device or browser on which they are exercised, you will need to opt out on every browser and device that you use.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Other sites, mobile applications and services
Our Services may contain links to other websites, mobile applications, and other online services operated by third parties. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party.
In addition, our content may be included on web pages or in mobile applications or online services that are not associated with us. We do not control third party websites, mobile applications or online services, and we are not responsible for their actions. Other websites and services follow different rules regarding the collection, use and sharing of your personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites and mobile applications and online services you use.
We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures designed to protect against unauthorized access, misuse, loss, disclosure, alteration and destruction of personal information we maintain. Unfortunately, data transmission over the Internet cannot be guaranteed as completely secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of personal information.
Our Services are not intended for use by children under 13 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal information through the Services from a child under 13 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will delete it.
How to contact us
Please direct any questions or comments about this Policy or privacy practices to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also write to us via postal mail at:
Talaris Therapeutics, Inc.
300 E Market Street
Louisville, KY 40202